Error

Topics: Bugs
May 8, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Installed on SP 2010,When sending a message,always return this message: "There was a error sending your message. Please try again."
Coordinator
May 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM
There is definitely an exception being thrown in the CreateChatMessage service call. Do you have ULS viewer? The stack trace for the exact issue will show up there. It looks like the validation of the user is working, the next thing is actually creating the message - which is where the exception is happening.

If you can get me the stacktrace and also make sure there is a list called Chat Messages on your root site. Please check the permissions and make sure that the Sharepoint Messenger Group is on there.
Jul 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Hi,
I installed v1.3 today , then deployed and activated the solution ,then I activated the Sitecollection Feature, but when I want to activate Site Feature, error happened ,
So failed to create the web lists, permissions, groups and views for the Sharepoint Messenger. Both SP 2010 and SP 2013 are the same.
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM
What version did you have previously installed?

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 03/07/2013 21:21
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Error [sharepointmessenger:442896]

Hi,
I installed v1.3 today , then deployed and activated the solution ,then I activated the Sitecollection Feature, but when I want to activate Site Feature, error happened ,
So failed to create the web lists, permissions, groups and views for the Sharepoint Messenger.
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM
I had a really strange thing happen actually trying to debug this issue. I first installed 1.3 on a clean install.
  1. Add solution via powershell
  2. go to sharepoint admin and deploy the solution
  3. go to the site I want it on, activate the site collection feature
  4. activate the site feature
This worked for clean install 1.3. On a new install I did the same with 1.2 (I wanted to test going from 1.2 to 1.3). There were no issues with the 1.2 install. I then did the following.
  1. Retracted 1.2 in sharepoint admin
  2. removed 1.2 in sharepoint admin
  3. added 1.3 using powershell
  4. deployed in sharepoint admin
On 4 I had an error and could not go further. I found that the wsp file was cached and I needed to restart the timer services for the sharepoint administration. I know this is a big hassle. After restarting the timer I could deploy.

At this time the dll is updated in the GAC and there is no need to activate the features because they were already activated from when I installed 1.2 and activated the features.

Can you give me the error that you are running into? ULS? Also, did the previous versions work with 2013? I have not tested them, nor have I even tried 2013.