Chat works only for users having full control or admin rights on SP2013

Topics: Bugs, General, Questions and Answers
Aug 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Hi Steve

I have deployed the code on SP2013. It works perfectly for users having full contribute rights, but gives a error " This site has not been shared with you" to users having contribute and below rights.

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Hi! I haven't tested in SP2013 at all. I think it's awesome that it actually installs. I have been in the works of getting a dev 2013 vm up and running. I will try to do that in the next while to see if I can fix this bug. In the meantime, There is a Config.cs file in the Models folder in the source that has the method CreatePermission. You can add/remove the permissions here. You will need to build and then deploy the wsp however.
        public static void CreatePermission(SPWeb web)
        {
            DeletePermission(web);
            SPRoleDefinition def = new SPRoleDefinition()
            {
                Name = Language.SMUPermissionName,
                Description = Language.SMUPermissionDescription,
                BasePermissions =
                    SPBasePermissions.AddListItems |
                    SPBasePermissions.ViewListItems |
                    SPBasePermissions.ViewFormPages |
                    SPBasePermissions.Open |
                    SPBasePermissions.ViewPages |
                    SPBasePermissions.BrowseUserInfo |
                    SPBasePermissions.EditMyUserInfo
            };
            web.RoleDefinitions.Add(def);
            web.Update();
        }
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Sorry Steve it was my mistake. I wrote a code in page load of " contact list " webpart, which will copy all users from "AssociatedMemberGroup" of that site to "SharePoint messengers" group, so that i dont have to add them manually to Messengers group. I guess there is some permission problem in the code I wrote. I will try to figure that out.
Otherwise your chat code works like a charm in SP2013.

Thanks
Oct 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I'm encountering a very similar error actually, which is preventing anybody who is not a part of the 'Owners' group from viewing any page with the web part on it. (I just get a complete 'Access Denied'.) This is on SP2010, however.
Jan 14, 2015 at 8:53 AM
Hello!

It's not depends on 2010 or 2013...

The problem is inside ContactListUserControl.ascx file.
Line: <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_layouts/SharepointMessenger/css/<%= ThemeName %>/jquery-ui-1.10.2.custom.min.css" />
Property named "ThemeName" used to get site theme dinamically. So users which is not in Owners or Admins group have not access to site themes.
This is the source of "Access denied" message.

You can fix it in ContactListUserControl.ascx.cs file, within property "ThemeName" declaration or just replace the line in usercontrol with static one,
for example: <link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_layouts/SharepointMessenger/css/classic/jquery-ui-1.10.2.custom.min.css" />

Thanx for product!